Ten Great Quotes for Becoming a Better Leader
How can one be a true leader and not just a boss or a manager? What exactly is the difference anyway? Some might see no difference at all because to them, management is a position of power.
But to the true leaders, it is the way to lead by example that makes all the difference. It is their exemplary actions that lead and not just their position. And becoming a true visionary leader involves just that – finding the right balance between management and leadership.
So, here are some inspirational quotes to remind you of your inner strength:
- “A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.
– Martin Luther King Jr, American Civil Rights Activist
- “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.”
– Peter Drucker, Management Consultant, Educator, and Author
- “Power isn’t control at all-power is strength, and giving that strength to others. A leader isn’t someone who forces others to make him stronger; a leader is someone willing to give his strength to others that they may have the strength to stand on their own.”
– Beth Revis, Author
- “Management works in the system; leadership works on the system.”
– Stephen Covey, Educator, Author, Businessman, and Keynote Speaker
- “Earn your leadership every day.”
– Michael Jordan, Former Professional Basketball Player
- “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.”
– Henry Adams, American Historian
- “Continuous effort – not strength or intelligence – is the key to unlocking our potential.”
– Winston Churchill, British Statesman, Army Officer, and Writer
- “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.”
– Bill Gates, Business Magnate, Software Developer, and Philanthropist
- “A great person attracts great people and knows how to hold them together.”
– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Writer, and German Statesman
- “You get the best efforts from others not by lighting a fire beneath them, but by building a fire within.”
– Bob Nelson, Stand-up Comedian, and Actor
Which of these quotes did you like the most? Don’t forget to share with us in the comments below.